Improved health motivates me.
Your journey towards improved health and wellbeing is what motivates me. I’ve always been a people person—but it’s not until finding yoga that I discovered my passion for helping people. I’ve been teaching yoga since 2005, and I have seen the immense power it has to benefit the mind, body and spirit.
As a lifelong learner, I want to know everything I can about how to help my clients use yoga to improve their lives. That’s why after thousands of hours of teaching, continuing education and earning certifications, I’m currently earning my Master’s Degree in Yoga Therapy at the MD University of Integrative Health (the country’s first and only master’s degree in yoga therapy).
Change starts on the individual level. If you feel better, you can be better. For all of us, lessons learned on the yoga mat are applicable to real-life situations. Every one of us impacts those around us, and ultimately, our community at large. From the local to the global community, yoga has an impact.
It’s never too early, or too late, to start yoga. My approach is personalized, health-focused and safety-conscious. My only requirement? That you allow yourself to practice at your own pace. Yoga is about you! Don’t sweat it if Annie next to you can touch her toes and you can’t. I encourage you to listen to your body and move at your own pace.
I would love to be part of your journey to improved wellbeing.
Education & Certifications
- Master’s Degree in Yoga Therapy, Maryland University of Integrative Health, 2016
- Flagler College, 2005
- 200 Hour Kripalu Yoga Certification
- Yoga for Arthritis
- Prenatal Yoga Certification
- Kids Yoga Certification
- Reiki Master
- 2017 Best Of Eastern Shore Beauty and Fitness – Yoga Instructor
I have worked with…
Companies & Organizations:
- Aquafit of Chestertown
- Brittland Estates
- Camp Echo Hill Outdoor School
- Chester River Behavioral Health
- Chester River OBGYN
- Chester River Yacht & Country Club
- Clovelly Vineyard
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Diabetes Support Group
- Girl Scouts of America
- Haven Harbour Marina
- HealthFitness Corporation
- Heron Point (ACTS Retirement)
- Inn at Huntingfield Creek
- Kent Athletic and Wellness Center
- Kent County Community Center
- Kent County Government- Public School System (teachers & administration)
- Kent County Department of Social Services
- Kent County Public Library
- Kent County Public Schools
- Kent School, and multiple summer camps
- Purple Sage Herbs & Gifts
- Queen Annes County Department of Social Services
- Radcliffe Creek School
- Town of Rock Hall
- Shrewsbury Church
- Soroptimist of Kent